Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

#2: G.Love & Special Sauce


I love my friends. I love good music. And, I love summer nights. 
What happens when you put all three together? 
Pure bliss. 

Who: G.Love & Special Sauce (.. and Nick, Devo, and me)
What: Crowd surfing, a harmonica, a kick-drum, and amazing tunes
When: the evening of July 22nd
Where: San Diego, Del Mar Race Tracks' outdoor venue
Why: Many reasons... 
1. our good friend Devo works at the Del Mar tracks and hooked it up (thanks again Devo!)
2. I love G.Love & Special Sauce's unique style, and rhythm 
3. when G.Love plays that harmonica... I melt
4. G.Love (Garret Dutton) plays with the Avett Brothers, Jack Johnson, and Tristan Prettyman (love them all)
5. the Avett Brothers are his producers and Brushfire Records produced his older albums
6. each of their songs sound different than the other (...this goes for their records too) 
7. basically... he's a seriously talented artist 

This show brought such a wide variety of people together to simply enjoy life for a few hours... It was awesome. Music is powerful. 

Best song of the night: Booty Call



Never heard of G.Love & Special Sauce? Check them out here. 

Milk and Sugar



Fixin' to Die


XO- Theresa

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this most and now I'm insanley jealous. G. Love's album has been my constant car companion (and we all I know I drive a TON) for the last month or so....

    ReplyDelete