Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

#20: Lucy Oliva

Meet Lucy!

#20 on our list is "Rescue a Puppy" and although we did not rescue a puppy from a shelter, we will not be getting another puppy within our 1,001 days, so Lucy will just have to do. 

Lucy was given to us by one of our favorite waterski families, The Pattons, after their 1 year old yellow lab, Ginger, had puppies. Many of our waterski friends got to meet the puppies when they were smaller than the size of a burrito, and I could not resist when I saw the photos. Lucy became ours when she was a little less than two months old. She was about 10 pounds, ridiculously soft, full of love, and absolutely adorable- I could not let go of her. She and Nick immediately clicked when he found out they shared a taste in beer. 


In her first few months with us, Lucy loved: peeing on the carpet, pretending my arms were chew toys, tearing holes in all of my yoga pants, chewing my tennis shoes, going on walks, pooping in the middle of the street on our walks, spoonfuls of peanut butter, apple slices, growling at herself in the mirror, shopping at Unleashed, and snuggling.



Today, Lucy is about 8 1./2 months old. Lucy loves: attention, destroying tennis balls, playing in the sprinkler at the Hayes house, long walks, playing tug-of-war, snuggling, jumping up to give hugs, racing with Leo in the Hanten's backyard, trips to the park, exercising with me at Leash Your Fitness, watching birds, chewing on her toys, going for car rides, going to restaurants, pizza bones, and so much more.

 

We decided to name her Lucy Oliva because we thought the name fit her well.. Nick loves to say, "Lucyyy... you've got some 'splanin' to do!!!" Oliva means olive in Italian, and Lucy was born on the Patton's olive ranch in Northern California. 


This little lady has captured our hearts and I'm so glad that she is ours. 


More posts coming soon.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovable face! I love Lucy :o) I am so glad you guys are blogging again. I think Lucy will be the catalyst for many interesting posts! You both look great. So happy to "see" you both again. You are missed.

    ReplyDelete