Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Introductions and #91

Well, here it is. Theresa and I are attempting to complete 101 Things in 1001 Days. And you, as luck may have it (let's assume bad luck), have happened upon the place that we are going to be keeping track of our progress over the next 991 days. If you haven't already checked out "the list", the link is at the top of the page. The idea is from Day Zero Project and even though our list is not quite perfect, we figured it was time to get started and finalize the list in the next few weeks.

Now, I know what you're thinking:
"101 things seems like a whole lot of shit to do. I don't know if I could even think of that many things, and I know I don't have the time. What are you to doing to yourselves?"
or more likely
"Are you f-ing insane?"

So let me answer your question thusly:
1) We are about to be done with college and have nothing better to do with our time than set unrealistic goals for ourselves and try to achieve them. Besides, we're something of idealists and physically making a list of things that you want to do makes doing them feel more tangible. Yes, naivety is a part of being young. Yes, we are hippies. No, we do not smell.... well, at least T doesn't.
a) Yes, 101 things is a lot. That's why we tried to pick a nice variety of goals. Some are easy (#78 check out a library book), some are harder (#79 make home-made orange juice). The beauty of doing the list in 1001 days is that it will give us more time to procrastinate plan and hopefully make it easier for us to succeed.

We've got big plans for the blog. But, for know, I think that its time that we crossed something off.

#91 Inspire someone else to make a list.
I freely admit it; my dad is better than me. Just look at his list, it's everything that my list hopes to be some day. Let's just hope we can both stay motivated to finish.


In truth, T and I have made progress on a few more Things, we'll get those up soon.

Are you still reading? Wow... Thanks.
-N

3 comments:

  1. I have to disagree; I like your list much better than mine, but then I'm old and can't really do fun things anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just starting to follow this. For #97--change it to fast during the day for a month in Aug/Sept and you've got Ramadan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it counts to cross off 91 twice... one of my friends told me today that she saw our blog and was inspired to create her own list :)

    ReplyDelete