Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

#45: Day 1

It would seem that, rather than continuing to ignore the blog, we've decided to blitzkrieg the shit out of it.

As of today we've started:
#45: Take a photo every day for a month
The plan goes like this:
T and I will both take a photo every day from now until March 9th. We'll try to get them all posted the day they were taken; but we're not making any promises. We'll probably post them with a caption/description/random thought of the day, unless we are (read I am) feeling lazy. It should be pretty obvious whose photos are whose (mine will be the crap ones), but we'll let you know anyway. Hopefully, by the end of our 30 days we will have improved our skills substantially, probably not. No matter what happens it'll probably prove to be an interesting distraction.

Stay tuned.
-N


Dinner
- Nick

Alright, not my best work... but it was pretty good if I do say so myself (the meal, not the photo), especially considering I sort of made it up on the fly. The best part? Broccoli greens (in the pasta), arugula, and red leaf lettuce (in the salad) from my parents' roommates' first CSA box, carrots from the garden, and dressing made with Temecula Olive Oil Company citrus olive oil and California white balsalmic, with the juice from a few CSA lemons.

Orinda's Truce
- Theresa

Today I went to the Orinda Library (my favorite) to return some books I checked out (Manifestos on the Future of Food and Seed, and Food Not Lawns). The Orinda Library has a TON of interesting and beautiful art displayed inside and outside, making a trip to their library a pretty solid experience. This sculpture I took a photo of, "Truce" by Albert Dicruttalo in 2002, stood out the most to me today.


2 comments: