Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

#45: The Recap

Well, we've already taken photos for the last 30 days... and it flew by. We've decided to make today's post a brief wrap-up instead of the usual photo post. Each of us will give our thoughts on the project, pick our 5 favorite shots from the other person, and officially cross #45 off of our list.

N's
This was all sort of a difficult task for me seeing how as I'm not a natural photog... but I actually really ended up enjoying it. The hardest part was just trying to not just take a photo of what I was eating for dinner every night (although that might not be a bad idea for a future project), and just trying to figure out how to take a different photo every day definitely improved my camera skills a bit. On day 18 I discovered that my parents' roommates' camera had an auto setting with a picture of what looks like a baby (I refer to it as the "cherub setting"), but it makes food pics look bitchin without having to mess with manual settings. I feel like a food blogger when I shoot with it...

My favorite part of the project: getting to see T's photos every day. It was hard to pick just 5, but here they are:
Days 8, 9, 14, 18 and 23
T's
I loved this project and am so sad that it's over. It was nice to have to take time out of my busy days to find something intriguing, appreciate something around me, or admire the beauty in something, photograph it and share it with others. Life can fly by us, it's happening to me right now as I'm completing my last semester of college, and I love being able to capture things that I hope to remember for ever. Nick had bugged me about learning to use the manual settings on my camera and this project pushed me to do that and.... now I'm obsessed. The close- up setting was previously my "go to" setting however, I believe I only used once for a photo of the day (day 21). (Somedays I was stuck using the camera on my phone, but at least I remembered to take a photo, right?) I also loved seeing Nick's photos everyday... it made me feel like I wasn't 456 miles away from him.

Conclusion: I love photography.

I really have 10 favorites from Nick's collection but since I had to narrow it down to 5, here are my top 5: (The pretzel photo is definitely #1 on my list... it's foodgawker.com worthy.)



3 comments:

  1. That pretzel photo is a total drooler.
    So I pretty much have to go with Tee on that one. I like the book one of Tee's...but I'm biased that way. Nice posts, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the daily('ish) photos. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the great work! This blog is calming I mean it
    -guido

    ReplyDelete