Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

#6: Bumping Uglies, Knocking Boots, and The Horizontal Mambo

By Nick:

So... I read another book and I was done with it back at the beginning of February. That makes 2 out of 20 books, and this was a library book (so I can cross off #78 for myself).
What's that?..... Yes, I did say I finished the book in February....... Yeah, I know it's March......Look it's not like there is a due date on this stuff, and I've been procrastinating busy. I never did like doing book reports, but I did like this book:


Bonk is about the science and sex (or so it says on the cover anyway) and Mary Roach is freaking hilarious. The book is filled with all sort of information about the research being done on sex (both cutting edge science and old school quackery) and a bunch of hilarious stories, phrases that Mary suggests you not google (, and insightful commentary. To give you a sense of the quality of her work, I'm going to steal a review off of the back of the book:

Mary Roach is the funniest writer on sex and death since Sigmund Freud,
but without the misogyny and cigars. -Peter Sagal

I want to keep this post brief so I'll hit the key points. You will like this book if one or more of the following things apply to you:
  • you have a sense of humor
  • you can read
  • you have ever read a trash magazine that promised to enlighten you to "100 things you didn't know about sex" (Not that I've ever read one of those, but this book will actually come through on that promise for you)
  • you like "bonking"

This book is not for you if:
  • you are dead
  • you are a child
  • you are stodgy and easily offended
I'm guessing that if any of those last few things apply to you, you aren't reading this blog anyway.

Moral of the story: Go read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment